Welcome to another episode of Ascension Run, my podcast about roguelike games and strategy!
Please leave any feedback in the comments below or via my contact page. If you like the show, and think that others would too, please share it! Rating and reviews through iTunes or other podcast players are also very helpful – thanks!
Here is a direct RSS Feed for the show, which can be entered directly into your podcast player:
Tone is joined by Roguelike Celebration organizers Alexei Pepers and Travis Moy to discuss the recent Roguelike Celebration 2021 event! They talk about the event itself and their experiences transitioning from a live event to an online conference, the unique online social space where the conference takes place, the organizer and volunteer experience, and they also discuss several of the event’s talks at length.
- 0h 00m 00s – Guest Introductions, Roguelike Celebration 2021
- 0h 30m 19s – Juice your Turns – Jeremiah Reid, Building Juicy Minimal Roguelikes in the Browser – Chris McCormick
- 0h 40m 01s – Community-Driven Roguelike Development – Evan Debenham
- 0h 51m 14s – Before you Fix a Leak, Ask if it’s a Fountain – Jason Grinblat
- 1h 03m 10s – Building an Economic Flesh Simulation Will Make You Disassociate from Reality – Xalavier Nelson Jr.
- 1h 21m 15s – Additional Talk Shout Outs & Discussion
- SIBR – Sports, Splorts, and Statistics: Why Data Accessibility Matters – Allie Signet & Joe Maliksi
- Pokemon Glitch – Story of A Roguelike With No Author – Younès Rabii
- Why Noita Became a Roguelite (and Why I Liked That a Lot) – Arvi Teikari
- Chronicles of Stampadia – Francesco Cottone
- The Lost Roguelikes – John Harris
- The Tombs of Atuan: The Original Roguelike? – Noah Swartz
Roguelike Celebration Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org