Welcome to the first episode of Ascension Run, my podcast about roguelike games and strategy!
I want this podcast to be the best that it can be, so please leave any feedback in the comments below or via my contact page. If you like the show, and think that others would too, please share it! Rating and reviews through iTunes or other podcast players are also very helpful – thanks!
The show should be searchable on most podcast players, if you can’t find it then please let me know and I’ll see if I can get it added.
Here is a direct RSS Feed for the show, which can be entered directly into your podcast player:
In this episode Tone is joined by NetHack speedrun world-record-holder luxidream, who recently speedran the game for thousands of people at the ESA Summer 2021 marathon. They discuss speedrunning in NetHack and roguelikes, the new Jupiter Hell release, the deckbuilding card game Dominion and how it relates to roguelikes, the new DCSS patch, and more.
- 0h 04m 10s – Roguelike News
- Jupiter Hell 1.0 Full Release to Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/811320/view/2994316817012521380
- Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup 0.27 Release “The Cursed Flame” and Tournament: http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/0-27-the-cursed-flame
- Angband 4.2.3 release: https://rephial.org/release
- Unexplored 2 Updates
- Pawnbarian release date set and new demo: https://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikes/comments/ozwokv/pawnbarian_my_chesslike_puzzler_and_originally_a/
- 0h 22m 30s – Jupiter Hell discussion
- 1h 02m 58s – Dominion Deckbuilding Card-Game
- 1h 27m 50s – NetHack Speedrunning & ESA Summer 2021 Marathon
A Table-Top Feel: Designing Unexplored 2’s Fortune System To Replace Virtual Dice Rolling
Jason Rohrer at GDC 2019: 2014 vs. 2018: The Shape of Financial Success Before and After the Indiepocalypse
luxidream’s NetHack speedrun at ESA Summer 2021:
Roguelikes Discord: https://discord.gg/t9cVHhj
luxidream’s Twitch channel:
luxidream’s YouTube channel: